This Privacy Notice explains how we, The Company, intend to collect and use information about you as well as detailing the ways in which we intend to protect that information.
Any non-public personal information that you may provide via our sites will be used to provide you with information, a service or product in relation to your enquiry. (In some cases, and in all cases where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to us by sending us an e-mail) The Company will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of The Company and its affiliated companies unless (a) expressly authorised by you, (b) necessary to enable The Company contractors or agents to perform certain functions for us, or (c) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
By "personal information", we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number. From time to time, we may request personal information from you at our sites in order to deliver requested materials to you, respond to your questions, or deliver a product or service.
We welcome your comments or questions and have provided e-mail boxes for that purpose. We will share your comments and questions with our customer service representatives and those employees most capable of addressing your questions and concerns.
Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may contact us instead via non-cellular telephone at the numbers provided at various locations on our website.
Who we are
Yaxham Waters Holiday Park, Dereham Road, Yaxham, Norfolk, NR19 1RF (we, us or our).
Under data protection law we are the 'data controller' of the personal information that we collect about you and as a data controller we have certain legal responsibilities concerning how we collect, use and share your personal information. We must inform you about this.
The information we collect
The types of personal information we collect from you include:
- Information you provide to us - personal information that you provide to us including your contact details (i.e. your name, email address, phone number and postal address) and your bank account details.
- Our correspondence - if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Sales and services information - details of transactions that you make with us and details of the services we provide to you;
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide our services effectively to you, and help improve them - examples: to administer our services, including handling your requests, communicating with you (including about any offers or promotions); keeping up-to-date records about you and carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to make payments to you and receive payments from you (where applicable).
- to market to you - if you have chosen to opt-in, we will provide you with updates and offers about our products and services and the products or services of selected third party companies that we think may be of interest to you. (See paragraph, 'Transfers of personal information', below for further information). We may use your information for marketing our own services to you by post and phone and email, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. You may opt out at any time by contacting us using the details in the 'Contact us' section of this privacy notice. If at any time you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can let us know by contacting us using these contact details.
Provided your data is not required to continue our services to you, and that we do not have a lawful and legitimate reason to process your data, you can exercise your ‘Right to be Forgotten’ at any time. To do this, please put your request in writing to the Data Protection Manager at the address detailed in the ‘Contact us’ section of this notice.
Transfers of personal information
We may permit selected third party companies to use your personal information, for the purposes set out in the section 'How we may use your personal information' (above). These companies may use this information to contact you. Selected third parties will be subject to obligations to process your personal information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
We work with carefully selected insurance intermediaries, who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, to provide you with information about relevant insurance services. If we intend to pass your details to them we will inform you beforehand and give you an opportunity to object. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information passed on we will respect your wishes.
We confirm that all personal information held by us about you will remain in (and will not be transferred outside of) the United Kingdom.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Where you have expressed an interest in our products or services / where we have collected your contact details for us to provide you with information about our services, we will keep your information for 1 year, or until you ask us to stop sending you such information.
Where you have purchased a product or service from us, we will keep your personal information whilst you are a customer of The Company as well as an additional year to deal with any queries, complaints or legal claims you may have. Financial information regarding any transactions will be held for 7 years. This does not include your personal data or your banking information.
Legal grounds to process
The legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information are that processing is necessary for:
- our legitimate business interests or those of a third party and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your personal information. Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing). Third party legitimate business interests include the promotion of insurance services to you so that we have sufficient insurance coverage at our site(s);
- our performance of a contract made with you. This includes our providing you with products and services and our taking steps at your request towards, and in anticipation of, providing you with products and services;
- our compliance with legal or regulatory obligations.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us using the contact in the 'Contact us' section of this privacy notice.
Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to:
- provide you with further details as to how we use your personal information;
- provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected about you;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- object to our use of your personal information if our use of your personal information is causing you undue harm. In such a case we must cease using your personal information for that purpose.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Other Information; "Cookies" and "Tags"
You should also be aware that when you visit our websites, we collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with "usage data," such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited most often. This data helps us to analyse and improve the usefulness of the information we provide at these websites.
Like most commercial website owners, we may use what is known as "cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognise repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other personal information about you, such as your name or address.
We use a combination of both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies keep track of your current visit and how you navigate the site, persistent cookies enable our website to recognise you as a repeat visitor when you return. The session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will be removed on a pre-determined expiry date, or when deleted by you.
Most web browsers allow user privacy settings to block either all cookies, or third party cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org for comprehensive information on how to change your cookie settings in a wide variety of different web browsers.
Where we may ask for you consent - Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate that you are happy for the information provided by you to be used by for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to, or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. With your consent we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please download the Subject Access Request Form by clicking the following link https://www.yaxhamwaters.co.uk/pdf/Subject_Access_Request_Form_V1.pdf and return it to:
The Data Protection Manager
Yaxham Waters Holiday Park
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to this Notice
Any changes to our Privacy Notice will be placed here and will supersede this version of our Notice. We will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to any changes in our Notice. However, to be on the safe side, we suggest that you read this document each time you use the website to ensure that it still meets with your approval.
If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this privacy notice you can write to us at:
Yaxham Waters Holiday Park