Holiday accommodation terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before booking your holiday lodge. If you have any questions about them please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yaxham Waters Holiday Park (THPD Properties Ltd) lets out lodges on behalf of itself, "The Company" or on behalf of other lodge owners "Investors". Whether the lodge is rented on behalf of The Company or Investors, you will be given the same price and you can be assured of the same standards. The term which will be used to refer to The Company or Investors from now on is "Lodge Owner".
Once the holiday confirmation is issued, the contract will be between you "The Booker" and The Company or Investor depending on which lodge is booked.
The Company will deal with all aspects of your booking at all times either on behalf of itself or on behalf of Investors.
1. The Booker is the person named on the booking form, and he/she is responsible for the obligations and conditions of hire. The Booker shall not pass the booking to another party. The Booker must notify The Company of any changes to the number of people or pets staying at the property in writing before the booking starts. Whilst we always try to meet the requirements of The Booker, The Company does reserve the right to not accept the changes or to apply extra charges as appropriate.
2. Booking - A booking can be made using the online reservation system. If you don't have access to the internet or would prefer to discuss your holiday preferences, please call us on 01362 696750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you find the right property for your holiday but reserve the right to refuse any booking. Calls to our office may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. For properties that have special offers applied, it is the largest offer on the property that is valid at the time booking, two special offers cannot be processed on one booking.
3. Payment - A booking deposit of £100 must be paid at the time of the booking and once paid, this is non refundable except where authorised by statute. your booking can be paid by debit card or credit card. The booking is only confirmed after the deposit is received and a Booking Confirmation email sent from The Company to The Booker. The Company will contact you by email unless you advise that you would prefer to be contacted by post. You should read the confirmation details carefully and contact the Agent immediately if anything is incorrect.
4. The balance of the rent is payable four weeks before the start of the holiday. For bookings made less than four weeks before the start of your holiday, the total amount is payable at the time of booking. If the balance of the rent is not paid by the due date, The Company on behalf of the Lodge Owner shall be entitled to cancel the reservation and The Booker will forfeit the deposit. We will attempt to re-let the property, but should it remain empty the occupier will also be liable for the remaining balance. Rental prices may increase or decrease over time but you will be charged the price quoted on the website at the time of booking.
5. Use of the property - The Booker will have access to the property from 2pm on the arrival day, although it may be possible to check in earlier for a small additional charge. Check your individual booking confirmation email for details or call us.
6. Departure - The Occupier must depart the property by 10-30am on the departure day unless a later time is agreed by The Company. If you are late departing the property, you will be charged a late checkout fee of £35. Un-arranged late departures can impact on our ability to check arrivals in on time and we respectfully ask that all Bookers comply with the check out time.
7. Stag or hen party groups and unaccompanied teenagers are not permitted at any of the properties. The General Manager may at his discretion give specific permission to any of the groups above, but will request a substantial deposit which would be forfeited in its entirety should the group be noisy or cause disruption to other guests or damage to property.
8. All children staying at the property must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians at all times. Some properties do not allow children or pets and this is detailed on each of the property pages in the 'Restrictions' section.
9. All properties are non smoking.
10. The Company reserves the right to terminate the Booker's stay if they or members of their party display unreasonable behaviour, cause nuisance to other parties or damage to the property, or if the number of persons occupying the property exceeds the maximum stated. The contract is personal to the Booker.
11. The property shall not be used for any commercial purposes. This booking is granted by The Company to The Booker for the Holiday Period and is not intended to create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. The Booker is granted the right to occupy the property for the holiday period specified but The Booker has no right to remain in the accommodation after this time and shall not be entitled to any statutory security of tenure. In the event of early termination of The Booker's occupation of the lodge no refunds will be made and you will have no further claim against The Company or The Owner.
12. What's included: Electricity, gas and water supplied to the property, are included in the rent. Bed linen and towels are provided at all properties for the double & twin bedrooms. Travel cots, where provided, have mattresses but all baby bedding and linen should be brought by The Booker. Where a property is listed as having an iPod dock, we cannot guarantee its compatibility with specific charger ports.
13. WIFI and Phone Reception: Free Wifi is available for customers of our Café & Bistro. At present, lodges do not have internet capability.
14. Pets - Where pets are permitted you must notify the Agent at the time of booking by stating the breed of your dog on the booking form. The Occupier must ensure that all pets staying at the property are in good health and have been treated for worms and fleas within four weeks of arrival as failure to ensure this may incur additional costs. Dogs must be at least 10 months old and have up to date immunisations. Please bring your own pet bedding, towels for drying your pet, and anything you need to protect the lodge. Pets are not allowed on furniture or in bedrooms and must never be left unattended either inside or outside of the property, nor cause disturbance to neighbours. Pets should always be clean and dry before being brought into the property. The Booker must clear up dog fouling and dispose of immediately and remove any trace of the pet's occupation, both inside and outside of the property prior to departure. Failure to do so will incur charges being applied. Pet friendly properties do not necessarily have enclosed gardens - please check the website for details. Gardens described as fully enclosed are not guaranteed to be dog proof, and dogs should not be left outside unattended. Please note that we cannot guarantee a property that does not accommodate dogs has never accepted or accommodated dogs before.
15. Cleaning and damage - The Occupier must agree to take good care of the property and its contents and on departure leave it in a clean and tidy condition. The Occupier may not be charged for minor items but is responsible for all breakages and damages and the cost will be payable on demand. All damage, loss or breakage to the property or contents must be reported to the Agent or Owner as soon as possible. The Agent or Owner will repair the damage as soon as is practical. Lost property will be kept for two weeks and if unclaimed it will be donated to local charity shops. A fee of £10 is payable by cheque to the cleaner to arrange postage and packing. We can not accept any liability for items left at the property.
16. Cancellations - Any cancellation must be made in writing (email is acceptable). The Company will seek to re-let the property for the period of the booking, and if successful, The Booker's payment will be refunded minus a £75 administration fee. If your cancellation is more than 6 weeks to arrival, you are only liable to pay the deposit amount, however if your cancellation is within the 6 weeks to arrival, you are liable to pay the full amount if the property is not re-let. If we are only able to re-let part of your cancelled stay or the cancelled dates are re-let at a lower price, then you will receive a part refund. It is not possible to transfer your booking from one property to another. We recommend that you take out an insurance cancellation policy. The Company reserves the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have already paid. The Booker will have no further claim against The Company.
17. Liability - Neither The Company nor the Owner shall be liable to the Booker or members of his party for any accident, loss, damage, injury, expenses, or inconvenience that may be incurred in connection with the rental howsoever suffered or incurred by the Booker. We recommend that you insure for such loss.
18. Circumstances beyond the control of The Company/Lodge Owner - Except where otherwise stated in these Conditions, neither The Company or Lodge Owner shall be liable for any change or cancellation which is a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond its control; for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions and epidemics.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions purports to limit or exclude liability for personal injury or death as a result of the negligence of The Company, it's agents and sub-contractors. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. Complaints - We hope your holiday runs smoothly but if you do have a complaint it is essential that you report it immediately so The Company can do their best to resolve it. We cannot accept claims for compensation lodged after departure as it is no longer possible to investigate the problem and take remedial action. Compensation will not be given where the guest has denied The Company the opportunity to try to put matters right during a stay. The Company shall not be held liable for any disruption coming from or breakdown of appliances, although any breakdowns will be fixed as soon as reasonably possible. Under no circumstances will The Company's liability exceed the rental paid for the property.
21. Access to the property - The Booker should permit The Company and its agents access to the property at reasonable times for inspection or to carry out maintenance and repairs.
22. Photos, maps and floor plans are for illustrative purposes only. The Company and the Lodge Owner cannot be held responsible for changes or mistakes.
23. You and all members of your party agree both to keep the property clean and tidy and to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it upon your arrival. You are responsible to the company for the actual costs of any breakage or damage in or to the property - along with any additional costs that may result - which are caused by you and/or any members of your holiday rental party.
24. The Company may at its absolute discretion refuse to hand over the keys to a property or terminate a holiday where in the opinion of the company a person or group is likely to cause damage, distress or annoyance to other persons or property. In such event The Company will be under no obligation to refund, compensate or indemnify you.
25. Your personal possessions - All customers are responsible for their personal possessions and property at all times and are required to exercise due care and attention to ensure their own personal safety and wellbeing.
26. Vehicles - The 5 mph speed limit must be adhered to at all times. Be aware of children playing near or on road ways and especially at blind spots where they could run out from behind a hedge or other obstruction
27. Peace and quiet - To ensure the quiet enjoyment of your holiday, parents and guardians are requested to ensure that those under the age of 18 are back in their accommodation by 11pm. At no time must music be played outside of the lodges which is audible to other holiday makers.
28. The Company or its representatives reserve the right to require you and any members of your party to leave where such persons breach the terms set out in these conditions.
29. Your rights - Your statutory rights are not affected by anything contained within these conditions.
30. Descriptions - Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the property details on the website, all statements are made in good faith and are for guidance only
31. The Law - Any disputes between you and the Owner will be governed by the exclusive law of the English courts.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR BOOKING